Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Finally, Internet Access!

We are a bit injured today.

I know that there are several of you have been checking the blog the last few days waiting for an update, but I haven’t had internet access. I have three days worth of posts so you may want to scroll down and start from when I arrived in Semey.

Today when I went to get Mahabbat she had a cut next to her eye. She had fallen and it hit on the table. More green stuff to add to her face. She was a bit out of sorts this morning, hopefully she will be feeling better later today when we visit.

Time to get ready to go.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been checking your blog every 3 minutes waiting for your update, and it was worth the wait! Mahabbat is just precious - love that green makeup. Give her a hug and kiss for me, Mama. :) And give one to Mom, too.

So happy for you!

Love, Karen

pmontana said...

Linda,
This is so exciting, and she is adorable. I can't wait to hear more about her. Your are going to be a great Mom.

Take Care,
Pam

Anonymous said...

Linda, hi, your colleagues are all huddled around my computer, with an extremely welcome break from the damn 2009 plan assembly, and we couldn't be any more excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, it is really neat that Mahabbat seems to have taken to you so quickly. Fantastic Linda!!! Dan McG

Julie Kanak said...

Ok, I'm bawling...your daughter is BEAUTIFUL, green lips and all--(so when she is fifteen and comes home with green lipstick, you can just tell her you've seen that one before)...anyways, CONGRATULATIONS!! So happy for both of you--

xo Julie

Anonymous said...

I can't stop rereading the "Mama" and reliving how you must have reacted to that, can't stop crying over it either!!! She's beautiful, the whole story is beautiful!!! Words just can't express the joy I feel for you. The photo of the two of you is priceless. Anyone can see you two belong together. Please give your daughter a kiss and a hug of love from me, then one for you and your mom.
Enjoy every "so well deserved moment of love" with your daughter.
Love,
Annette

Christy G said...

OMG!!! This is so exciting! Her big wide eyes are so sweet! (I'm silently crying at my desk here at work and hoping that nobody happens to walk in!)

Have fun and keep the updates coming!

Love,
Christy

P.S. I was extremely impressed that you managed to get your Christmas cards in the mail before you left!!

wilisons said...

It is great to see you have met Mahabbat. Doesn't it just feel great to finally hold her in your arms! It is good to hear that she is already calming down and ready for visitations.

I love the green decorations. Libby had tons of pink ones when I met her and most were in her blond hair. I saved the photos to tell her she has already been through the punk rock phase and doesn't need to repeat it-LOL. The green might wear off by the time your visitation period is over...

Please send my regards to Elise, Lori, Shauna, and the Schultz family as well as the Semey team.

Best,
Shanna
Semey mom to Libby and her sister, the Pavlodarian princess Tamar

Jola said...

What a sweet and beautiful little girl! You two are a perfect match. It must have felt incredible to be holding your daughter in your arms for the first time... We are really, really happy for you! Can't wait to read the next chapter of this fascinating journey...

Love, Jola

Rich Brown said...

Linda - Congrats!!! Mahabbat is beautiful and you look so happy. Mahabbat is going to look great in Cubbie Blue!!!

TheKellyFamily said...

Linda,
I'm sitting here at work reading and crying!!! Lily is gorgeous and you two make a beautiful mother/daughter team. I'm so glad this day has finally come!
I've printed the picture of the two of you and will show Morgan adn Alex their new friend!!!!
Take Care and Enjoy!!!
Laura

Unknown said...

Yea!!! Baby TBA has a beautiful name!! I am so happy for you both--my heart is overflowing with joy for you two. Can't wait to hear more.

Love and peace,
Mel

Anonymous said...

What a BEAUTIFUL daughter you have. I start to cry every time I think of the moment you finally got to meet your baby girl. Congratulations Mama!!

Elisa said...

Linda, she's BEAUTIFUL! Even with the boo boos!! Poor thing! And I love her name(s) Mahabbat, Love, and Mouse!! I love them all! I am so happy you bonded so quickly. Seems like a perfect match to me! I am just as excited as everyone else here enjoying this wonderful experience with you. God bless. Love Elise

Susan said...

I, too, can't stop the tears. She is beautiful. The two of you look perfect together....just like mother and daughter.

The whole family is following your story and they all send their love...especially Mom, Dad and Sharyn.

...Mouse...how cute is that!

Love,

WI Sue