As many of you know, if there has been one thing consistent in the adoption process it is that dates change - sometimes good and sometimes bad. This time it was for the better. My court date (along with three out of the other four families here) was moved up to Monday which will allow us to fly home on Christmas Eve. Although it will be very hard to leave her, it will be that much sooner that she will be able to come home for good.
My court time is at 2:30 so if you are awake at 2:30 a.m. CST, please think good thoughts. I will try to post as soon as possible, but I think things will be a little crazy right after court. I will go to the baby house to pick her up and we will need to go and get her picture for her passport. It will be interesting to see how she is in the car. After that the group will go out for what we hope to be a celebration dinner. Although all of this will happen while most of you are asleep and hopefully by the time you get up, I can post the news.
13 comments:
Hi Linda:
You are in our thoughts today! Please keep us posted.
Good luck! Looking forward to reading your blog tomorrow for the news. All the best, sis.
PS I love this pic of Mahabbat! Perfect.
I have my eyes and fingers crossed for you!!
Love
Adrienne
Yay!
And things will continue for the better! It's 12:30 am I'll be counting the minutes with you. I'm so excited! Don't forget the envelope! I love you , Linda, and can't wait to hear that it's over and you are celebrating! Have a beer on Dennis and a vodka on me!
Totally awake. You'd think that this was my kid!
Hi, Linda,
That is great news! We will be thinking of you when you have your court appearance. Glad that you will be able to come home sooner. We loved your comments about the manicure and massage!
Take care. Carol and Christopher
Everything is going to go great....You will an official family in a matter of hours....YEA!
Best of luck! You'll do great!
JoAnne
Knock 'em dead Linda! Thinking of you often. BTW, she gets cuter everyday!! Love Elise
Here is a comment to you from Lora (LeSeth) (I copied and pasted your journal into a Word doc and emailed them to her.) From Lora: "We'll that's wonderful, I wish her the best. I'm sure she will make a wonderful Mom. Tell her I will be thinking of her and best wishes. She sure is getting a wonderful Christmas present this year. And giving a child a wonderful home, they a both very lucky."
Oh my gosh - this is it! There are so many great things to say about Mishka and you - how will you ever keep it to only 15 minutes?! We're all there with you in spirit!
Love,
Christy
P.S. Sorry I missed you on IM on Friday - I was outside snowblowing...
Dear Linda,
The minutes and the hours pass slowly until the court time. My whole family is praying for you and Mahabbat! God speed!
Peg
Post a Comment