T0day is the day that I finally get to go back to Kaz! I will land in Almaty Tuesday at about 2:00 a.m. and Maya will be brought to Almaty from Semey. She will arrive around 2:00 in the afternoon. Needless to say, I can't wait.
I'm not sure how long I will be there. Once I arrive, they will let me know when our appointments are for the US Embassy and the medical clinic. I am hoping to leave by Saturday. I also do not know whether I am staying in a hotel or an apartment - I find that out when I arrive also.
Eight of the nine families that were in Semey together will be in Almaty at the same time. I am really looking forward to seeing them and their children again.
I finally got Maya's room somewhat completed. Still need to get her window coverings up and definitely need to find things for the walls. Perhaps something that will cover up the pink - it went on much darker than I intended, but its up now and its staying.
I don't know what my internet access will be, so not sure if I will be able to post while I am there, but will do my best.
I better go pack now!
16 comments:
Bon voyage!! I hope you can post while you're there. I am excited to hear about your return trip. :)
Happy trails, Linda! The room looks great - looks like you had just enough time to fix it up. Enjoy it looking so perfect with Maya not there :).
Michelle, caught ya, haha ;)
This is it! I have chills thinking of you and Maya. Katya just turned seven and it seems like yesterday we were bring her home...time flies :) Let us know her official "gotcha day"!
Much love to you both,
Joan
So quickly and here you are, picking up Maya!
God speed, Linda and Maya!
Her room is lovely! (Seems like the little old woman who lived in a shoe might fit in...:)
Hugs, Peg
Have a wonderful and safe trip!
JoAnne
The room looks great - she is going to love it! I hope that everything goes smoothly and that you and Mom and Maya get home soon.
I'll quote Napoleon Dynamite... "LUCKY!" You and Maya are so lucky to have found each other, she's so lucky to have a beautiful room to come home to, you are so lucky that you can share with your mom this final leg of the journey and that this step didn't take any longer than expected! Yea!
Christy
Linda!!! Maybe not quite the calming pink you wanted, but the room is lovely! A dream come true for little Maya - her own Mom and her own room!
Safe travels!!
AK
Linda, the room looks great! The colors are perfect...must be the painter.
We are keeping you both in our prayers. Give Maya a big kiss from the "other" Sue.
Love ya lots.
Yay!!!
WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO! Go get your little girl Linda! You are probably there by now, so best of luck that all runs smoothly and quickly for you! I love the pink! She is lucky to have that beautful room to come home to. Sure hope you can post - will be looking forward to reading your updates! I bet she missed you as much as you missed her. Love Elise
YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!
Can you believe it???!!!! This is so exciting! Her room is beautiful! I'm sure she'll love it...or maybe she'll love your bed evenmore:)
Can't wait to get an update.
Jill and family
Jumping with joy!!!Can't wait to see you, Maya and your mom!! Her room is beautiful, my dad would be proud of you! We love you, we're so happy for you and we're so very proud of you, Linda! Counting the minutes to seeing you and giving Maya a loving hug!
Annette
TOE TAP TOE TAP TOE TAP
Impatiently waiting for more news!!!
Hugs, Elisa
Post a Comment